In line with the company’s strategy to become a leading energy company in the Balkans, the organizational unit Energy was established.
The basic objectives of a new direction in business operations include:
- Synergy with other NIS organisational units in the area of natural gas and electrical energy consumption;
- Business diversification;
- Reducing negative consequences from external factors;
- Using unique potentials in the Serbian and regional energy market development;
- Adopting best practice from leading regional and global energy companies;
- Developing business and improving company image, taking into account future stipulations concerning energy efficiency, environmental protection and use of renewable energy sources.
The adopted strategy of the Energy Block envisages: increased power use in Serbia, and increased natural gas use in the region, due to its environmental friendliness; use of clean renewable energy sources; improving NIS energy efficiency; use of modern technologies for energy production by using domestic energy sources with minimum impact on the environment; and business optimisation for energy and natural gas trade in liberalized market.