The main strategic goal by 2020 is to become the most efficient, fast-growing and energy efficient company in the Balkan region while maintaining a leadership position in the Serbian market and becoming a leader among the three top companies in South East Europe.
NIS Development Strategy entails implementation of the programme „Five Fives“ that includes:
- 5 million tons of crude oil and gas produces
- 5 million tons refined
- 5 million tons oil products sold
- Euro-5 standard of process and result
- NIS share value of 5.000 RSD
NIS has determined the main tasks and development trends of the company based on three horizons of set objectives in the period of 2011-2013-2020:
2011: Vertically-integrated company
The implementation of the transformation and modernization program that will enable a profitable and stable long-term growth.
2013: Emerging player in the Balkan market
To become vertically integrated oil company with the fastest growth in the Balkans in production of crude oil and gas, production and supply of petroleum products.
2020: Efficiency leader in the Balkans.
To become a leading energy company – a leader among competitors in the South European market. To become a regional player with the fastest growth in production, refining and retail sales volume the Balkans.
- To increase hydrocarbon production volume
- To increase of resource base
- To increase the volume of European quality fuel production and refining
- Execution of projects in the area of renewable and alternative energy sources
- Regional sales network development
- Development of bunkering, oil storage facilities and aviation services
- Development of gas refining and supply activities
- Base oils and petrochemical production development
- Acquisition of share in power generation market of Serbia and EU in the capacity of power generation company
- Growth of the scope and intense development of existing business operations abroad
- Increase of domestic activities efficiency
- Focusing on innovations and comprehensive power generation development projects